Caregiver Programs

The Canadian government recognizes the importance of caregivers’ work. They provide support to our children, seniors, and others who need care. Because of this, Canada manages a range of immigration programs to assist caregivers with finding work and obtaining permanent residency. Below are Canada’s current immigration programs for caregivers.

  1. Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot
  2. Live-in Caregiver Program
  3. Temporary work for caregivers

Apply to extend your work permit

You may be eligible to extend your work permit as a caregiver through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).

An employer must first obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).